Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Big Fat Truth

Welcome to The Big Fat Truth, a weight loss blog that I hope will force me to be brutally honest about the "journey" to a lesser degree of imperfection.

At this point I'm just starting out. Like a lot of other folks out there I had that OMIGOD moment when I spied a picture of myself earlier this year. The thing is that I was feeling rather hawt that day, visiting the submarine museum, wearing my USA t-shirt and just knowing that all the sailors were looking at me because I was the shit. Then came the picture. It turns out that in actuality I really looked like one of those dumpy broads on Jerry Springer who were always being kicked to the curb by their toothless boyfriends who had been sleeping with their best friend who is also dumpy.

Why didn't my husband tell me I was so fat?!? Why couldn't anyone else be honest with me? Why did I not see that picture person in the mirror? OMIGOD, I SUCK!!!! I guess what I should've been asking is: Why couldn't I be honest with myself? I mean, since when is a size 22 just considered "curvaceous"? Since when is cellulite wicked sexy? How many stretch marks does it take to get to the self deluded center of a 38 year-old fat girl? How many times do the boards under my side of the IKEA bed have to fall out before I admit it?

So here I am admitting it.

I like really bad food. I hate exercise. I hate my bat wings. I hate that my chin/neck has taken on turkey-like qualities. I want to put a pox on people who can buy clothes in regular stores. (Why does their hair always seem perfect, too? How is that fair???) These truths and others will be ridiculously overanalyzed in The Big Fat Truth. Stay tuned.

No comments: